Sunday 26 January 2014

600. B. Ph TEXT II – 1 Ex. On COLLOCATIONS



II – 1   Ex.  On COLLOCATIONS

1. “It is the ability to take a joke, not make one, that proves you have a ……………………..” Max
     Eastman
2.  Barack Obama received a ……………………..” at the end of his Cairo University speech on 4 June 2009.
3. ……………………..”, or the variety of human societies or cultures in a specific region, is a driving force of development.
4. I bought this piano ……………………..” at Goodwill. (cheaply)
5. My parents are very conservative and stick to ……………………..” values. (outdated)
6. I was given a 6.0 mega pixel ……………………..” for my birthday.
7. Derb Omar is one of the most famous ……………………..” in Morocco.
8. This restaurant offers ……………………..” food for people who are on this diet.
9. ……………………..” refers to the collection, transport, processing, recycling and disposal of  waste materials.
10. ……………………..” shoes are stylish and sexy; however, they are sometimes dangerous
1. Leila is jumping up and ……… because she is happy and overjoyed for her success.
2. In Les Miserables, Causette sweeps the ………, dusts, tidies up the rooms, makes beds, fetches water at the well and collects firewood.
3. I was still ……… awake at 5 o’clock when the telephone rang.
4. It is vitally ……… to go over your notes before class.
5. We’ll ……… a decision next week as whether to buy that car or not.
6. I went to the ……… -and-found office to look for my umbrella.
7. My father lived in the country all his life: ……… and boy.
8. Mohammed is an ardent ……… of Picasso’s paintings.
9. Moroccan civil workers reach retirement ……… at sixty.
10. My books are within ……… reach because the bookcase is next to my desk
1. Money laundering: ……………………………………………………………………………
2. A round of applause: ……………………………………………………………………………
3. Make coffee: ……………………………………………………………………………
4. Flesh and blood: ……………………………………………………………………………
5. Frenetic competition: …………………………………………………………………………….
6. Do one's nails: ……………………………………………………………………………
7. Life expectancy: ……………………………………………………………………………
8. Virtual contacts: …………………………………………………………………………….
9. Leisure time: …………………………………………………………………………….
10. Loud and clear: ……………………………………………………………………………
1. I usually ______ dressed before breakfast.
2. I like ______ my homework at night.
3. Last night mom ______  dinner and dad ______ the dishes.
4. The little kids ______ a lot of fun at the fair the other day.
5. One of my classmates ______ an accident last week by colliding his bike with a tree.
6. The teacher was late this morning because he ______ stuck in the traffic jam.
7. Many people nowadays rarely read the papers; they only ______ the crosswords and sudoku.
8. Dad’s car broke down on the highway but he did not have enough credit on his phone to ______ a phone call.

No comments:

Post a Comment

647. PRESENTATION SKILLS MBA I - II

PRESENTATION  SKILLS MBA   I - II There are many types of presentations.                    1.       written,        story, manual...